Distribution Wholesale and Warehousing
Distributors and wholesalers need order processing, warehousing and inventory management. Larger, more dispersed operations have multiple locations and multiple bins within a location. More complex operations may also have formal, expanded item put-away and item receipting processes.
For distributors and wholesalers, warehousing, inventory management (and inventory visibility, like how old is your stock) are key to successfully doing business, and interlink with ordering the right product at the right time to keep your stock replenished at optimum levels, enabling selling at the right price, using price levels and price agreements. You may also need:
- serial and batch number functionality
- multiple units of measure
- multiple currencies and import costing
- kits or assemblies, and more.
Manufacturing – General
Manufacturers need to buy, make and sell the right products at the right time. Manufacturing businesses use MRP and MPS applications based on either orders, forecast sales or optimum stock levels – with the capacity to both generate a Master Production Schedule (MPS) and calculate MRP (Materials Requirements Planning). Key to manufacturing decision-making is having reliable information like orders, on-hand quantities and forecasts to base your manufacturing decisions on.
Do you have the capacity to make and supply your customers at the required time?
How can the right software help your manufacturing business?
- Multiple end-products, by-products, co-products
- track lots forward and backward through the production process
- Fluctuating costs
- Labelling – including for own-brand products
- Food safety and allergens
- In dairy – cheese aging and drying
- Reuse and rework
- In baking – freshness, by-products and co-products, and optimising use of production equipment (ovens etc)
- In the meat industry – numerous products, by-products and co-products
Quality and lot tracking
Inventory and demand management
Order picking, staging and loading and use of standing orders
Delivery trip management and route planning
Container tracking and management
Fresh Food and Produce/Fruit and Vegetable Distribution
- Demand forecasting and supply assurance
- Quality and lot tracking
- Allergen tracking
- Expiry dates
- Container tracking
Industrial Equipment Manufacturing as a process combines Manufacturing and project management and costing.
Industrial Equipment Manufacturing (IEM) for Business Central and Nav by To-Increase is fully integrated with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central. The solution has been designed with Project-Based Manufacturing in mind as the preferred method for the To-Order type industry. Project-Based Manufacturing or Engineer-to-Order (ETO) companies are also referred to as Custom or Make-to-Order manufacturing companies. All these terms describe a style of manufacturing rather than an industry segment.
The IEM functionality covers the end-to-end business process, from Engineering through Sales, Planning and Operations, to Service.
IEM adds additional WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) elements to jobs, and Change Orders to record additional work on the project. With IEM you can create Purchase, Production and Assembly orders from the Planning line, or run Material Requirement Planning for a Job Task from this planning line. For Production and Assembly BOM’s, job-specific versions can be created. The components can be procured through Order Planning or the (MRP) Planning Calculation.
The importance given to planning, budgeting and forecasting also makes IEM a complete project management solution which can also be used without the Manufacturing – and Service Integration for any project-based operation.
Financial & Not-for-Profit
You need strong financial controls and reporting. You have reporting obligations – to investors and owners, funders, donors and grant providers, regulators and the community that you serve. For some organisations, it is a strategic and economic decision to move some or all of their business applications to the cloud and reduce their IT support and infrastructure burden. Does all your IT support and maintenance need to be a core part of your organisation – or can some be provided externally, via applications hosted on the public cloud like Microsoft Dynamics Business Central on Microsoft Azure?
- Ease-of-use, visibility and accessibility
- Integration with CRM for sales, donor, and customer service management
- Integration with billing systems
- Cost/profit centre reporting and budgeting
- Fixed Asset reporting
Statutory, Government and Semi-Government,
and Asset-based/Utility Businesses
Government and semi-government bodies have special requirements for compliance and probity.
- Robust financial processes and integrity, reporting and security
- Purchasing management
- Cost centre reporting
- Fixed Asset reporting
- Project planning and costing – of P&L items and Capital Works
- Capitalisation of major works
- For utility businesses, timesheet entry and charging of labour and other expenses to projects and jobs
- Reporting of assets with extended service lives, like public works and other capitalised assets with lives exceeding 100 years.
Service and Job-Based Businesses
Equipment repair and maintenance businesses and field service operations need to book service jobs and charge costs against job lines, and charge customers for those services.
- Maintaining a list of customers’ service items and a log of their history
- Costing and billing service lines – time and resources, stock and other items
- Integration with timesheets
Project-Based Businesses and Organisations
Construction, civil engineering, utilities and infrastructure businesses
Does your project accounting software deliver answers that help guide your business?
Do you believe you are accurately recovering costs to projects?
Are you confident that all project costs get charged to projects and are being billed to clients?
A properly configured and highly functional project costing solution like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central gives you:
- A framework for setting up a job or project with line details and budgeted costs
- Estimating and quoting
- A basis for charging costs – material, labour, contractors, resources and overheads – to jobs
- Support for billing your client for completed or progressive work performed
- The ability to reflect incomplete jobs in Work in Progress
- Recognising completed jobs as revenue and realised costs – or as a capitalised cost.
If you’re trying to account for project costs through your general ledger or without a project accounting system – there is a better way, with a project/job costing module to identify and record job-related costs. Instead of payroll and overhead costs being dissected in detail through general ledger accounts and quasi-job code dimensions, an integrated project costing system allows you to manage jobs and projects on a cost-charged/expense-recovered basis using software designed for the purpose.
The IEM module for Business Central and Nav by To-Increase enhances Business Central’s project accounting features with additional functions suited to larger and more complex projects – like additional WBS elements and Change Orders, job-specific Bills of Material, and integration with Order Planning.
- Job planning, budgeting, costing and billing
- Costing and billing project lines – time and resources, stock and other items
- Report & account for Work in Progress
- Capitalise or Expense job costs
- Progress reporting